Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Watch out school...here we come!

Well, it is that time again....back to school. Luke will be returning to OPA this year and I am very excited and sad at the same time. It was so nice to be able to spend so much time with him this summer but I know he is going to learn so much and have so much fun playing with all his friends at school. I start back on Thursday and Luke is going to stay with Dan/Nana (I will explain in a minute) on Wednesday night and Julie on Thursday night and then he will start at OPA on Monday.

We went and visited OPA today and we are going again tomorrow. Today's trip went really well. I think Luke is going to love the interaction with all the kids. I try to be exciting/fun but I think he gets bored when it is just the two of us.

Dan started a new job with New York Life at the beginning of the summer. He has to be at his office in Atlanta (near Northside Hospital) at 8 am every morning for meetings so he has been staying with my parents to help with the commute that would probably be 1.5 to 2 hours with traffic on 316 and 285 one way from our house. Life is going to be so different. I am used to having Dan here all the time to help get Luke to school and to help in the evenings when cooking dinner or getting Luke ready for bed. This is a great opportunity for Dan and our family so we are going to have to suck it up for a while and be apart most nights during the week. So as Thursday approaches I am a little anxious to see how Luke and I handle our new routine. Hopefully my fridge will be full of paintings and drawings from Luke as the school year begins.

No comments: