Thursday, July 16, 2009

Luke's New Tricks

Luke is like a sponge. He is learning things so fast and he is so funny. Here are some things he is doing (really for my own record). I am still trying to catch some on video but he is more interested in trying to get the camera from me instead of doing the trick I want him to do.

1. Touchdown (both arms in the air)
2. He attempts to jump but doesn't get air (like his daddy :) )
3. When you count to three he will say "ree" (which means three) and then claps his hands because he is soooo proud of himself.
4. He knows the song....If you are happy and you know it clap your hand, stomp your feet and he LOVES to shout hooray.
5. Today he caught a ball off one bounce for the first time. He was so proud of himself. Luke LOVES balls...it is amazing...he can play catch for hours with anyone willing to play with him.
6. He sings the night night song with me as we go to bed, one of the sweetest things he does during the day.
7. One of my favorites...blowing kisses. He likes to give real kisses too...with his mouth wide open.
8. Some words in his vocabulary are....mama, dada, ball, okay, night night, more, nana...some other words he has said but not as much on a regular basis....jill, julie, ellie, milk....I am sure there are others but I can't remember off the top of my head.
9. I am very proud to say that not only does Luke know the word no (and shakes his head) he also has learned yes (while nodding his head). I am working on trying to get him to understand how to use them (yes....it's a long shot but I am going to try)

We are having a blast and I am getting sad to think that the summer is coming to an end but I know that he is going to LOVE being around other kids and he will learn so much this year. I promise if I catch anything on video it will be on here asap!

1 comment:

Tom Elliott said...

You need to update your list for his latest trick...hammering!!!