Monday, September 14, 2009

The past month...

Well, we have had a lot going on the past month. We have made a few changes including our daycare and ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) doctor. I was not happy with our daycare that Luke was going to. I won't go into details but lets just say Luke and I are much happier with the new daycare. It even has a webcam which is really cool to be able to watch him during the day. I also changed his ENT. I was not really happy with his old ENT because he would rush us in and out and never stay long enough for me to ask my questions. One day he tried to tell me that his partner put Luke's tubes in...I wanted to slap him and tell him, NO you are the one that performed surgery on my child. Luke got another ear infection a couple of weeks ago and our peditrician wanted us to go straight to the ENT, well when I called the office to make an appointment they acted like it would take an act of God to see Luke. They told me that I would have to wait for a couple of hours until they could fit me in or I could wait and come on October 20. I wanted to tell the lady....that I would bring my 16 month old to her house at night and let him keep her up because his ear hurt and then let her sit in a waiting room for two hours with a tired, hurting 16 month old. GET REAL LADY. I just "kindly" told her that I would find another ENT that cared about my child.

Well, if you don't know...I had terrible ears as a child and I went to Dr. Merz in Lilburn. We like Dr. Merz and after doing some research I found out that he had moved his office to Buford. I figured I am driving 20 minutes into Athens what is 10 more minutes to drive to Buford. So, Luke and I went to visit Dr. Merz on Friday. He spent more time with us on Friday than my old ENT did in all the visits combined, including the day he had his tubes put in. We found out on Friday that the fluid is still there but no infection....same story that I have heard everytime we go to the doctor. Dr. Merz put Luke on another antibiotic and did a culture up his nose to see what was going on up there (yummy) and put him on a steriod to help open up the passage ways in the ears and nose to see if we could get some of the fluid to drain out. Let me remind you that Luke only has one tube now. His right tube fell out sometime in May. We have been battling an ear infection in his right ear since the tube fell out. So we will see how this medicine works. We go back to Dr. Merz in two weeks to see how everything looks so I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Tia Faulkner said...

Goodness girl, ya'll have had a lot going on!! I was the same way with Harrison. I switched his pediatrician four times until I found the right doctor for us. They all keep saying, "You're a first time mom, aren't you?" It pissed me off so bad, so Im glad you found someone that you know and trust. It makes a world of difference. I hope little Luke's ears get better!