Thursday, April 16, 2009

First Steps/First Memories

Luke took his first steps yesterday (Wednesday, April 15) without holding onto anyone or anything. We were at Grandma's new house, checking out her new bedroom and mom let go of Luke's fingers and told him to come and see me and he took about 3 steps without support right to me. He went back and forth several times before getting tired. I don't have any video of it but I plan on doing drills with Luke this weekend to help his new skill so I will get some video and post it. Kinda exciting that we are already making memories in grandma's new house.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I missed it!!! :(

Julie said...

I did too...Boo...I think it is funny that Luke has walking drills this weekend!! Haha!!

Suzanna said...

I told Mom about this, and she was very proud to tell me that she already knew because she was there.

Way to go, Luke! Funny about the drills--when Caroline wasn't really sitting up yet, I would try to work with her all the time, and my friend Heather would say she was going to Sitting Camp.