Here is the story of the Burnett's decorating for Christmas....It was a cold, misty Sunday when the Burnett's headed out to Lowe's (yes, I know we need to go cut our tree down but we will start that when Luke is old enough to walk himself, he's heavy!). We found the perfect tree after the people at Lowe's told us the first one we had was bad (sorry dad....I must have forgotten everything you taught me about finding the perfect tree). As we were driving home in the cold, misty weather I started to hear air coming from the roof of the car so we opened the sunroof and the tree stand was pressing down on the sunroof. Thank goodness it did not damage it! After getting the tree in the house, Dan and I were working together to put the lights on the tree. We got them up and we plug them in and...................only 1/2 of one strand is working out of the 3 that we put up. Soooooo....I started looking to see what the problem was and part of the last strand that we put on was broken so we removed that strand and replaced it with another (Yes dad, I plugged the lights in before we put them on the tree and they all worked!) So, after a lot of hard work here is the final product.....

Here are Luke's Baby's First Christmas ornaments. Thanks to Aunt Julie for the spoon shaped one. Cole and Luke have the same one which is really neat!

Buster, Katie, Luke, Dan and Bear's stockings.

Luke's first stocking!!!

Luke sitting and helping me wrap presents...he loved the paper.

He played with the paper for about an hour!

Taking a break from playing with the paper to smile at mommy!

Luke playing with the presents that were under the tree. Sorry Uncle Timmy...yours got chewed on a little! :)

I LOVE Christmas and I am so excited that the holidays are here. I hope that Dan and I can create as many wonderful holiday memories for Luke (which I will try to share them on the blog) as my parents did for me. I love the decorations, the smell, the food (especially the sausage balls on Christmas morning), THE MUSIC and being with all my family at some point during the holidays. For everyone that reads this...I hope you and your family has a WONDERFUL holiday season!
PS: Santa if you are reading....All I want for Christmas is for Luke to say mama instead of dada all the time! :)
2 comments:
Atta girl...looks like you have the perfect Burnett Christmas tree, I just hope you don't hear any little squeaking sounds coming from it...otherwise, Dan will be out front with the chain saw!!
So fun Katie :) It's funny how similar your story sounds to mine. I hope you guys have a wonderful Chirstmas...it will certainly be a special one that you will never forget :) Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to LOTS of picutres from Luke's first Christmas. God bless...
Post a Comment