Monday, December 22, 2008

Headed South....

I accidently picked up Julie's camera when I left my mom's house on Saturday so I will update pictures soon, but I wanted to write about our trip so far (I tend to forget stuff).

After a week of packing and preparing for all our Christmas events we headed to my parent's house around 2:30 pm on Friday. My grandparents from up north came into town on Thursday so we visited with them on Friday night. We had a good southern BBQ dinner and then we opened our presents. Luke was so tired so he didn't make it through the present opening but he is going to have so much fun with his new toys. On Saturday, I ate breakfast with my girls (B, Al and Lyn) at Mimi's and it was sooooo good. We had so much to catch up on and it was fun being with all three of them. Then around 3:00 on Saturday afternoon we had Christmas with my mom's side of the family. We had a lot of fun exchanging ornaments and eating lots of good food, including granma's sausage biscuits.

Yes, I am still writing about our day on Saturday.....Dan and I packed up the car and left my mom's house around 7:30 pm to go to Jacksonville to visit his parents. We thought Luke would do better if he slept the whole way down. He was asleep before we pulled out of the driveway....we thought we have made the right decision. We were about 30 miles north of Valdosta and Luke woke up. After many attempts to get him to go back to sleep, he would not go back to sleep. We finally stopped and I changed his diaper and let him stretch, which he burped while he was "stretching his legs" so I think his stomach might have been hurting him and he couldn't get the bubble up in his car seat. Once we left the gas station he went right back to sleep until we got him out to go inside. He has been great since we have been here. We are leaving tomorrow (Tuesday) night around 7:00 - 7:30, we are hoping that he will sleep the whole way back to my parent's house again. I will let you know how it goes.

Luke's latest accomplishment is crawling and pulling up. He is not crawling a lot but he is beginning to crawl a little ways. I know that my life will change once he figures out that he can crawl to whatever he wants!! He also likes pulling up. Today he pulled up all the way to his feet. He is growing up so fast but he is SO much fun!

No comments: