Well, after our visit to the allergist today we have some answers to our food problems. Luke is highly allergic to milk, egg and peanuts. He also reacted to soy but not as bad of a reaction as he had to the others. So I guess I will become a label reader. Hopefully this will help him to feel better. The doctor told us we could still give him some soy products but we are not to have anything with milk, eggs or peanuts in it. I am disappointed that he is allergic to so much but I am thankful for knowing so we can make better decisions for him. Below is a picture of his back after they pricked him...you can see the red spots where he reacted to the different items. Dan and I were amazed as we watched the bumps and red spots develop. We went to the Binion's lake house today and Mr. Binion pulled out the oreos...of course Luke wanted one and I thought "oh, you can't have one sweetie" but after looking at the ingredients oreos do not contain any milk, egg or peanuts so I let him have one and he loved it. At least he can enjoy some of sweeter things! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hmmm...well, like you said, it will make him so much more comfortable now that you can give him the right things. Yeah, I bet there is a lot of other good stuff without any of those...especially peanuts because so many kids are allergic to peanuts.
Does the allergist think he could outgrow any of them?
Poor Lukey!! I am so glad you got your answers, though.
Post a Comment